With the mercury setting new records everyday, it getting very difficult to keep yourself safe from the heat. Humidity levels are on an all time high and water retention becomes an absolute challenge for all. Though Doctors advise us to avoid the heat, is is impossible for the working folk to skip their work commitments citing the weather as the major reason.
So how do we quench our thirst in the summers and keep ourselves fresh? Age old tips from passed onto us by your grandmoms come to our rescue. Here are a list of drinks which all our elders swear by in this season:
1. Aam Panna: You might remember your mothers making this drink during the afternoons of your summer vacations. This refreshing drink is made by boiling green mangos and is known for its heat resistant properties
2. Lassi : Made of yoghurt, it is an absolute hit in Punjab and now all states have their own versions of it ! Yoghurt is boon for people with lactose intolerance. It helps in digestion and cools your digestive tract. Therefore, its an absolute necessity in the summers. It not just cools your body but works wonders for your stomach as well
3. Jaljeera: What better than a drink which not only cools your body but aids in eliminating toxins and aiding weight loss. The drink is loaded with both flavours and nutrients and is recommended all year round to aid digestion related ailments
4. Juices: Take about any summer fruit, put in a blender and blend a magic. Be it mangos, watermelons, sweet lime, grapes, the result will be delicious. You can also try combos of these fruits and surprise yourself every morning
5. Lemonade: You will see lemonade being sold all over your city during the season. A simple drink which is loaded with health benefits which is not just about cooling the body, but is also recommded by experts to aid weight loss