Wednesday, August 12, 2015

The word "speed" has a new meaning with Airtel4G

Airtel India has recently launched their 4G services in India and with this launch, speed has got a whole new meaning.

I have been meaning to download the Hike Messenger app for a long time now. My friends have been raving about it and I couldn't afford to miss this app ! But whenever I plan to download an app, I usually wait to get back home and access my home Wi-fi network. On the go, it is very difficult to download an app as it takes a long time. I am a very impatient person and get irritated whenever I have to wait for a long time. 

Today, I came across this lovely Airtel 4G Speed test feature and wanted to try it out. Its a first of its kind direct response Twitter campaign wherein you can compare the difference in the speed of downloads on the various networks - 2G/3G/4G. All you have to do is tweet with +airtel India and use the hashtag #Airtel4GSpeedTest and mention the app name. You will get instant comparison results.

Here is how you can try it too :



I tweeted to find out about Hike Messenger and how much time it will take to download on 2G vs 3G vs 4G. 

Take a look at the results below. I can't believe that it will just take 00:13 seconds to download Hike Messenger while I have to wait for 1:25 seconds on my 3G network.








I really liked this concept of comparing the speeds as sometimes we don't realize how much time it takes to download an app and stick to slower networks. It took me a long time to switch from a 2G network to a 3G Network as initially I wasn't sure of the concept. But now I have to try out the Airtel 4G network for sure. Booking cabs on apps, downloading movies and songs will all be so easy with this new 4G speed. It will make our lives much more similar. 


2 comments: