Snack time is often the time when we are tempted to binge on unhealthy stuff.
Whether you are at your work desk or at home chatting with friends or catching up with the latest book , you often look for the perfect snack to give you company .
Remembering to eat healthy even when giving in to ur urge to eat is the idea here. Therefore, we bring to you a snack series wherein we will discuss some healthy yet tasty snacking ideas.
Here goes the first one - sprouts salad. Its not just tasty but is loaded with necessary fibres and can be put together very easily. You just need to remember to soak the ingredients overnight.
1. 1 cup black fram or chana
2. 1 cup whole moong
3. 1 cup matar
4. 1 onion ( sliced )
5. 2 tomatoes ( sliced )
6. 1 cucumber ( sliced )
7. 2tsp chaat masala
8. Green chilies as desired
9. Juice of one lemon
1. Soak the chana , moong and matar overnight to get the best results.
2. Mix all the sprouted pulses together . 3. Add in the onion , cucumber, tomatoes together
4. Add the lemon juice , salt and chaat masala
5. Mix well and the sprout salad is ready to serve
6. You can add chopped coriander leaves also for added flavour.
This salad is loaded with proteins , fibres and vitamins . This helps in lowering cholesterol levels too. Its a favourite with people who want to lose weight.