This is primarily a bengali recipe but if cooked the right way, it turns out be very healthy.
Fish, as we all are aware, are loaded with omega 3 fatty acids which is considered to be great for heart health. Because if its healthy fat content, it is also a favourite amongst the people who are on a diet.
Yoghurt is also considered to be healthy and aids in digestion as it is rich in probiotics.
The best part is that it is cooked in minutes.
1. Rohu fish or any fresh water fish
2. 1 onion ( sliced )
3. Yoghurt (about one cup)
4. Turmeric powder
5. Red chilli powder
6. Coriander powder
7. Cumin powder
9. Green chilies
10. Garlic paste
11. Aniseed (a pinch for tempering)
1. Marinate the fish with a lil turmeric powder and salt
2. In about 1 tsp of oil, lightly grill the fish pieces and keep aside
3. In a non stick wok, heat about 1/2 tsp of oil, add aniseeds for tempering.
4. Add onion, garlic paste and lightly fry it till it turns brown
5. In the yoghurt, add turmeric powder, cumin powder, chilli powder and coriander powder and mix well
6. Add the yoghurt paste to the wok
7. Put the fish pieces in the yoghurt paste
8. Add water as per your requirement in the paste if you want more gravy
9. Add salt as required
10. Cook for about 7-8 mins
Garnish with coriander